Lamor - Music

Lamor - Music

Rych McCain International/Nationally Syndicated Entertainment Columnist

Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook:Rych McCain Superstar Celebrity Interviewer TM (Like Me)  
Please subscribe

Lamor

Laying It Down The Way The Ladies Like!


   
Lamor
 



He was born and reared in Carson, CA., and comes from a gospel singing family. He has an uncle who made good headway as a singer in the UK. His first public singing performance came at age 11. Vocalist Lamor has been at the game for a minute and is ready to stake his claim on the music world. Even though he started out as an actor appearing on “The OC,” and having extra parts in “The Unit” and the hit movie “Superbad;” it was music that was the magnet with the biggest draw on his talent.

    
     


     Lamor’s versatile vocal range stretches from smooth voicing to urban hip-hop. He has collaborated with the bay area’s Rich Rocka, Audio Push, Joe Moses, Jake & Papa, all from the Inland Empire and Compton AD. His independently released single “Steady” has been making noise and now has a re-mix out there with reality TV Star Hazel E of “Love and Hip-Hop.” You can catch it on Spotify, iTunes, Vevo, YouTube, Amazon Music and Pandora Radio.

    
Lamor on stage
    




     Does Lamor plan on remaining independent or is he open to the strings attached, controlling lure of a major label? He laughs, “It just depends on which is more beneficial. As far as independent, you’re always allowed to have more creative freedom. It’s a little bit more restrictions when it comes to the labels. I would love to be signed to a label if they gave me my creative freedom and the deal is right.” 

    
       Is any social commentary subject matter included in Lamor's material? He explains, “Definitely. I have a song with Joe Brasco and AD and it’s called “Don’t Shoot.” It’s pretty much about the police killings that are going on and is still relevant today. We did it last year and it’s about Black people getting shot at the hands of the police. Yeah, I do have a song like that and I plan to do more to bring awareness because a lot of people get messages through music. I also want to make music for people to have fun to, party to; you can’t be all serious. There is a lot of stuff going on in the world already and sometimes people just need to get away.”


    

     How much input does Lamor have as far as the writing and producing of his music? He runs it down, “!00%. I write my own music. I work with different producers and they usually come up with beats and things to my liking. So right now it’s all me.” What are the influences i.e., beat, lyrics etc., that goes into a Lamor Compton song? He reflects, “It’s a combination of things. The beat is cool but it just depends on what mood I’m in that day. Music is influenced by real life situations. If I am feeling hype, happy, full of energy, it will be a hype song. If I’m feeling like some love type stuff, I’ll go and make a love song.”


    
Lamor with Joe Moses

     Lamor goes on to describe how he writes and says, “My mood is usually late night. I’m a night owl so a lot of my energy and stuff comes in the night but a lot of my songwriting comes from the shower. I’ll be in the shower and it’s something about the water and I’ll just start free styling and I’ll come up with a concept and I’ll put it in my notes on my phone. Then I’ll go into the studio and lay it down. That’s where a majority of my stuff comes from.” Because fans (especially the young ones) tend to emulate their favorite artists, those who follow Lamor will be taking a lot of showers so his fans won’t smell too funky to be around. 






© 2017 Rych McCain Media/Syndication TM 

 (You DID Hear It From Me!) 

 Twitter@rychmccain and Facebook (Like Me)!


Popular posts from this blog

KALEO - Music

Charlotte Cardin - Music

Gucci Mane - Music