Courtney Hope - Displacement - Film

Courtney Hope - Displacement - Film

Rych McCain International/Nationally Syndicated Entertainment Columnist

Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook:Rych McCain Superstar Celebrity Interviewer TM (Like Me
Please subscribe


Courtney Hope

Dazzles in Sci-Fi Thriller "Displacement"

      In high school and even on the college level, few are knowledgeable about the subject of quantum physics and its relation to everyday life with the interaction between matter and energy. Scientists, physicists, mathematicians and even philosophers from before Einstein and after have speculated and toyed with theories that can only begin to scratch at answers. One of the many subjects in this realm is time travel. Evidence exist that it may very well be possible. Thus, this is the central idea of the new sci-fi thriller “Displacement.”

Cassie Sinclair (Courtney Hope)
   
 In the film, Courtney Hope plays brilliant physics graduate student Cassie Sinclair who not only lost her mom to cancer but her boyfriend was murdered. 

L Mom (Susan Blakely) R Cassie (Courtney Hope)
      She had unfinished business with her mom that she never got to clear up and she needed to solve her boyfriend’s murder. She used her quantum physics expertise to go back in time to fix what she thought was wrong but in the process things began to go arye. Her quantum physics expert friend warned her that you can’t alter time without grave consequents. The only way to get back was to undo what she had done but she didn’t know how and the answers to do it was in her masters’ thesis.


Cassie experiencing time travel
   Hope’s character does away with the normal stereotypes of women being too air headed to handle heavy subject matter such as quantum physics. What was her first impression of her character when she got the script? Hope lights up, “I loved her. I like the fact that she is strong, intelligent and she’s fighting for something that a lot of people deal with when they lose somebody and the wonder what if, can I go back, would I change it. So, I think everything encompassed into one is what drew me to the script.”


Cassie being chased by burly security guard
     There is a night warehouse scene in the movie where Hope is snooping around in the dark with a flashlight trying to find clues in a secured area that unauthorized people were not allowed. As in all movies, she knocks something over which draws the attention of a big, burly, muscle-bound security guard. He then gets after her with a big, wicked looking shocking stick. The action was suspenseful as to whether he would rip her limb to limb. Hope laughs, “It was fun. It was intense. He’s a great actor who goes for it. We both said let’s go for it and see what happens.”

Premiere Red Carpet: L-R Writer/Director Ken Mader, Colette Caraan, Hope and her parents
     

     Because her character is a physics PH. D Hope had to brush up on the terminology and the protocol for electro shock. She explains, “I did research a lot on black holes, time warps and stuff like that. So, I did understand anything that I said in the movie, I looked it up. Whether I had a full grasp of what the heck I was talking about, I had a very good idea for the most part. I like being as truthful as I can be but I also didn’t want to break my brain you know. I had to give myself a little break on that one.”

Courtney Hope
    

 You can now look for Hope as Sally Spectra on the day time soap “The Bold and The Beautiful.”

© 2017 Rych McCain Media/Syndication TM 

 (You DID Hear It From Me!) 

 Twitter@rychmccain and Facebook (Like Me)!


Popular posts from this blog

KALEO - Music

Charlotte Cardin - Music

Gucci Mane - Music